Controlled morcellation in a closed systemTo increase patient safety during morcellation, appropriate recovery and morcellation bags should be used. With the MetraBag morcellation bag, BOWA MEDICAL offers you the solution for controlled tissue morcellation in a closed system to reduce the risk of intraoperative tissue scattering.
Minimally invasive surgical procedures have been established in most specialities for more than 20 years. For example, laparoscopic morcellation of tissue in hysterectomy and myomectomy. A potential risk of this cutting technique is the intraoperative scattering of tumour cells in the abdominal cavity.
Retrieval bag for reduced intraoperative tissue scatteringFor morcellation and retrieval of the excidate in a closed system during hysterectomy or myomectomy, the MetraBag Morcellation Bag is used.
The retrieval bag has 4 access points through which instruments with up to 15 mm ø can be used (retrieval opening with locking drawstring as well as 3 colour-coded working ports). Any working port used can be closed with a ligature prior to MetraBag retrieval.
Product advantages of the BOWA MEDICAL MetraBag morcellation bagProduct features:
- CO2 Insufflation from MetraBag creates a generous workspace.
- The transparent material allows a view of the surrounding tissue of the abdominal cavity.
- Coloured markings of the outlets facilitate the optimal positioning of the bag.
- Fluids and small tissue remnants are collected in the closed system.
- Sealable access points allow safe retrieval of the bag
- Large self-opening recovery opening.
- MetraBag can be used with various commercially available morcellators.
Scope of deliveryMorcellation bag with introducer, thread material for closing the ports, incl. instruction for use
Do you still have any questions regarding the product?
We will be happy to help you!